While we are waiting for complete details to be out on partnersouce, we can still find out many good details on technet. The what\’s new link for modules, features and country specific regions on technet is here.
Below are some major technical enhancements I came across on digging technet:
- AxBuild.exe utility program to accomplish a full X++ compile to p-code on AOS. This is much faster then the client compile. This utility start several temporary instances of the AOS and tells each AOS which piece of X++ compile to accomplish. It then consolidates results from each AOS and reports them to log files. According to Microsoft tests this is 13 times faster than the normal client compile. Isn\’t this cool. It is good to see new tool to save time for partners/customers in the most time consuming technical maintenance activity. More details can be found on technet article here
- Backup and Recovery : With the release of CU7, Microsoft Dynamics AX2012 R2 now includes a Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) writer which integrates with windows VSS framework. This will be an interesting area to explore. More technical details can be found here.
- Data export/import framework is now shipped as a part of standard Microsoft Dynamics AX instead as an add-on. A whole new set of entities are added to the portfolio.
- Office add ins improved performance and new feature which can be found here
- Reporting : Cool new features to enhance working experience like new methods to set advance printer properties, power shell command to integrate multiple report server instances, new classes to improve performance on report server. More details can be found here